Christopher Ryan can't speak much or barely whisper but when you bring up the subject of marijuana he lights up when we talk about the changing of law and the treatments of a safe drug he's smoked most his life, before having children. talking.
I'll never forget my first time smoking cannabis: memories of rubbing my hands all over my body and enjoying what must have been a strain intended for a nice body high, while standing atop a slanted bolder in the center of a deep valley that was previously a river at one point in time and the sun glazing through the trees and a nice spring breeze following memories of my parents, a tray I always knocked over when I swept my hands of feet under the living room couch, watching my dad roll his cigarettes with orange papers wondering why Jesus was smoking cigarettes, the pool parties, especially the pool party where they blindfolded one of their friends to play 'Pin The Tail On The Donkey' and watch him freak out after his finger ended up in Vaseline; My parents smoked marijuana too!
I had no idea.. until of course, obviously the sweet smell of Mary Jane. The first conversation I had was with my Mom, she was mad and ground me for a week. I stopped asking her and wouldn't dare ask for dad's opinion for the consequences of being grounded. So I smoked it behind their back and that worked out every single time, except once. But then again having your dealer meet you at the end of your parents long ass drive way isn't really under the radar when your parents are actually watching you.
As I get to the door my dad strait up asked me, "Did you use that money I gave you to buy marijuana?".
Last time I got grounded for a week. Seven days! That's too long when your young!
"No", I replied. He knew I was lying and searched me. I felt bad for lying because he was on four-arm crutches at the time and it was hard for him to even search me so I reached toward my favorite hiding place and handed if over. "You don't need to be smoking this shit."
"But I smoke cigarettes and mom 'nor you care about that".
"Pot is illegal Brandon". Ok, couldn't argue that one.
Two months later my parents divorce and I become their Drug Dealer.
The MS has shut down virtually all of his muscles including the ones in his throat and we just found out that he now has Pneumonia, therefor he cannot even marijuana due to a chance of possibly dying from asphyxiation. This obviously makes Christopher's situation a uniquely blatant deviation from the realistic fact that, for him cannabis will provide a sober, quick, safer and measurable alternative to give this disabled veteran not just a better way of life, like it does with myself and any body with chronic pain but the closest-cure that I have ever come across.
His only chance at this point is to stop the progression and neurological pain is for medical grade cannabis to finally become decriminalized, regulated and dispensed for chronically ill patients in Missouri so that they themselves will have their free right to medicate, like people do legally on a regular basis in other countries and states instead of putting themselves in harms way to possess illegally, a risk to the majority, not worth losing their jobs, unemployment, medical insurance and disability.
For now, God forbid if they catch you with it, you will most likely go to jail without your medicine and be tortured by the loss of a lot of time away from your family and instead be around violent inmates..
Besides vaporizing cannabis (which my father cannot do, due to his respiratory concerns) the one drug that is the most effective, closest in treatment when it comes to potency and plenty of cannabanoids (Check out here for more info on cannabanoids as well) is an oral spray used in Canada and the UK called Sativex.
by Brandon Ryan, President Kansas City NORML. Posted Wednesday, December 9th, 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment